What's For Breakfast: Sausage cream cheese bake!

So I have seen this recipe on pinterest for years. But recently I have seen it on a couple different youtube channels, so I thought it must be good and wanted to give it a try! So here goes.


First you start by preheating your oven to 375.

       Then you brown a pound of ground sausage. It said to drain if need be but I didn't think I needed to.
After it was all browned, I added an 8 oz block of cream cheese and stirred it until it was all combined.

Once the cream cheese and sausage are combined, you flatten out a tube of crescent rolls into a 9x13 inch pan. Making sure to seal the seams. I think this would also be good with the crescent roll dough sheets if you can find them.
Once its all flattened out you spread the sausage cream cheese mixture on to the crescents in an even layer.

Then you top it with a second tube of crescent rolls, also sealing the seams as best you can.
The recipe I found said to bake for 10 minutes, but after 10 minutes it was still doughy so I spread some butter on top and baked for an extra 5 minutes. And it came out nice and golden brown. I think this would be great for Christmas morning or if you were having over night guests!

Here it is all plated up! I served it with some scrambled eggs and strawberries! Delicious!

Here is the link to the original recipe where you can find all the measurements!

https://crayonsandcravings.com/sausage-squares/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-pug


Till next time,

Hilary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's For Dinner: Big Mac Sloppy Joes and French fries!

What's For Dinner: Lemon Pepper Pork Chops and Garlic Parsley potatoes!

Snack Crate! Spain!